Recent News:
November 13, 2012 - The County Board met this evening, and after some discussion decided to reject our petition for a Conditional Use Permit. Steve was unable to speak due to a misunderstanding about when the meeting began, so we arrived too late for Steve's part in the meeting. We are disappointed, but when God closes a door he almost always opens another. We will be looking for that other door. We want to thank everyone who supported us, in prayer and in deed, in the attempt to get the Conditional Use Permit. We still covet your prayers.

November 5, 2012 - The Zoning and ESDA Committee met tonight and voted by vocal majority to send the request for the Conditional Use Permit to the County Board without recommendation. Some testimony was given, but no new testimony from what was given at the Zoning Board of Appeals Committee. Now to the County Board on Tuesday, November 13, for the up or down vote.

October 3, 2012 - After all the testimony was heard, the Board of Appeals voted 4 to 1 to recommend the application for the Conditional Use Permit. Praise the Lord. However, the neighbors are still fighting the application. The next two meetings are on Nov. 5th (Zoning Committee meeting where some comments will be heard from people registered to speak) and November 13th, the regularly scheduled meeting of the Bureau County Board. This last meeting is where the application for the Conditional Use Permit will be voted for approval or denial. If we get approved, we can get a building permit and start to dig!

Back to Home Page (Images).